Luxembourg-based Skype Ltd. announced today on the Skype Garage Blog that the official Skype application for Android has been updated to version 1.0.1. The new update comes with several new features and improvements, including support for devices with smaller screen such as the HTC Wildfire.
Version 1.0.1 of Skype for Android is now available in the Android Market. In addition, individuals can visit skype.com/m from their Android-powered smartphone in order to download the new application over the air.
Make your way past the break to see the complete changelog.
- 320 x 240 and 240 x 400 screen resolutions are now supported.
- Hardware back key is now supported.
- Signing out from Skype now exits Skype.
- Reduced power consumption in idle mode.
- Improved login stability and behavior.
- Improved performance with large contact lists.
- Reduced application size.
- General bug fixes.
Let us know in the comment section below what you think of the new features.