Along with the SZ-12, Olympus is launching just another ultra zoom digital camera – the SP-620UZ. Compare to the SZ-12, the SP-620UZ packs a less powerful lens in a less compact body, and that makes the latter more affordable. The 16 Megapixel shooter gets a 21x optical zoom lens with 25mm wide angle, TruePic III+ image processor, and a 3-inch LCD screen. It is the successor to the SP-610UZ.
- 16 MEGAPIXELAn amazing 16 million pixels in the high-resolution CCD create superior image quality. Create poster-sized prints without losing a single detail.
- 21X ULTRA-ZOOMAll the capabilities you need in one compact lens. The 21x optical zoom gets you amazingly close to the action while the wide-angle lens lets you capture breathtaking panoramas and group shots.
- 3-INCH LCDThe huge 3-inch LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle for easier composing and shooting.
- HD VIDEO WITH HDMI OUTPUT & CONTROLA simple, one-touch button allows you to record video with amazing clarity in high-definition, right from your camera. HDMI output and control makes playing back videos on your HD television a breeze.
- DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATIONDual Image Stabilization combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds to capture crisp, clear images in any situation.
- MAGIC ART FILTERSExpress your creativity with up to 12 special effects for your photos & HD movies. Olympus’ Magic Art Filters infuse familiar scenes with new and unexpected moods ranging from the exciting to the serene and from the whimsical to the mysterious. Choose from Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, Punk, Watercolor, Miniature, Sparkle, Reflection, Dramatic and Fragmented. (Effects vary by model and may reduce image size.)
- INTELLIGENT AUTOAutomatically identifies the scene you’re shooting — up to 30 different scene modes including Portrait, Landscape, Night + Portrait, Macro or Sports — and adjusts the settings for ideal results. (Number of scene modes varies by model.)
- BEAUTY MODEBeauty Mode takes beautiful portraits by softening shadows and smoothing wrinkles and blemishes on your subject’s face. Edits can also be made inside the camera after taking the picture.
- 3D IMAGE CAPTUREDiscover the depth of 3D stills, even underwater. From hibiscus flowers to coral and exotic creatures, Olympus’ 3D technology shoots two pictures and combines them into one image for a dramatic effect when viewed on a 3D device. Perfect for bringing your underwater memories to life.
The Olympus SP-620UZ combines Sensor-shift image stabilization with high ISO sensitivity to deliver Dual Image Stabilization, producing clear, blur-free images and videos. There is also the Multi-Motion Movie Image Stabilization to minimize camera shake when the user is moving. Its 3D image capture mode will combines two photos of the same subject from different angles to generate dynamic 3D images that can be viewed on a 3D-compatible monitor or television. Also included are Intelligent Auto mode, Beauty Mode, and Magic Art Filters. it is powered by four AA batteries
The Olympus SP-620UZ records 720p HD video and has HDMI output. It is available now at Amazon.com for $199.00 in silver and black.
|Image Sensor||16 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.3″|
|Focal Length/Lens Configuration||4.5 – 94.5mm (25 – 525mm equivalent in 35mm photography)|
|Zoom||21x Optical Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom|
|Aperture Range||f3.0-8.7 (W) / f5.8-16.3 (T)|
|Display||3.0″ LCD 230K dots|
|Focus System||CCD Contrast Detection|
|Focus Mode||iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking|
|Shutter Speed||1/1500 sec. -1/2 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene mode)|
|ISO Sensitivity (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity)||Auto, High Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Exposure Metering||Digital ESP Metering, Spot Metering|
|White Balance Control||Auto, One-touch, Presets (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten, Fluorescent1)|
|Exposure Compensation||±2EV (Step: 1/3)|
|Image File Format||Still Image: JPEG
|Number of Recorded Pixels||16MP (4,608 x 3,456)
8MP (3,264 x 2,448)
5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
VGA (640 x 480)
16:9 L (4,608 x 2,592)
16:9 S (1,920 x 1,080)
|Motion Blur Suppression||CCD shift|
|Shooting Modes||iAuto, Program Auto,
Scene Modes [Portrait, Beauty, Landscape, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Candle, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fire Works, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Pet (Cat), Pet (Dog)],
Magic Filters [Pop Art, Pin Hole, Fish Eye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Water Color, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented]
|Panorama||In-Camera Panorama, PC Panorama (Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with ib software)|
|Continuous Shooting||Approx. 0.65 fps / 14 images (16M)
Approx. 5.3 fps / 65 images (5M)
Approx. 14 fps / 67 images (3M)
|Movie Mode||720p (1280×720), VGA (640×480), QVGA (320×240)|
|Image Processing||TruePic™ III+|
|Noise Reduction||Yes (Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Candle, Sunset, Fire Works)|
|Image Playback||Still Image: Single, Index Display (4×3, 6×5), Event, Up to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Photo SurfingMovie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Frame-by-Frame, Voice Playback|
|Flash Modes||Auto (for low light and backlit conditions)
|Self-Timer||12/2 Seconds/ Pet auto-shutter|
|Removable Media Card||SD/SDHC/SDXC Card|
|Outer Connectors||Multi-Terminal (USB Connector, Audio/Video Output) HDMI Type D|
|System Requirements||Auto-Connect USB: Windows® 2000/XP/VISTA/7 with USB port, Mac OS X 10.3 or later with USB port
Software: Windows® 2000PRO/XP/VISTA/7, Mac OS X 10.3 – 10.5
|Dimension||109.7 (W) x 74.3mm (H) x 73.7mm (D)|
Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
SP-620UZ Package Contents
- SP-620UZ Digital Camera
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual & Software CD
- Audio/Video Cable
- Lens Cap
- Lithium-Ion Battery